ANN ARBOR – Melih Oztalay, CEO of SmartFinds Marketing, returns to MITech TV to provide valuable e-Commerce tips for companies that want to improve their online sales during the Holiday season.
The Economy for the e-Commerce Holiday Season
Despite the global recession and cost of living crisis, the 2022 holiday season will see an increase. Holiday retail sales are likely to increase between 4% and 6% in 2022, according to Deloitte’s annual holiday retail forecast. E-commerce holiday sales are projected to grow 12.8% to 14.3%, compared to the 2021 season. “Deloitte: Holiday Retail Sales Expected to Increase 4% to 6%”
Although the report indicates a less-than-expected rise in holiday spending, there is still an increase and the e-commerce predictions are still considered strong.
e-Commerce Tips Includes Tapping Into Google Organic Traffic
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is your number one to do in digital marketing
- Keep in mind…roughly 35% of a website’s traffic …on average…. comes from Google and most of those come from web pages that are on the first page and towards the top. (Search engine marketing statistics 2022)
- Google’s RankBrain and Helpful Content algorithms are the driving source to search results.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is the number two thing do to in digital marketing.
- You can drive all the website traffic to your website you want. If your website is not able to convert the website visitors to leads or sales, spending all your time on SEO or paid traffic is useless.
e-Commerce Tips for Your Website
- Find the right keywords for the products you are selling. Use tools like Google Trends and Google Search Suggestions.
- Focus on the content on your product web pages.
- Focus on User Experience (UX). How is the website structured? How easy can someone get from one page to the next?
- Focus on how fast your web pages load on a laptop and mobile device. Website visitors will only spend seconds on a web page if it does not load quickly. Use tools like GTMetrix to help you identify any page loading issues.
- Measure, Analyze, and Interpret…. repeat the cycle. Tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console will point you in the right direction.
e-Commerce Tips for Outbound Marketing
You have to generate demand to get people to your website outside of Google’s organic search results.
- Social Media Marketing will be the key source you will want to tap into.
- Engage in other people’s posts…not just likes…add a comment.
- Be sure you have enough content…. blog posts (yours and others), photos, images, videos, etc.
Reach Melih Oztalay and SmartFinds Marketing
You can reach SmartFinds Marketing at their website or connect with SmartFinds Marketing on LinkedIn.
You can reach Melih Oztalay on LinkedIn, by email [email protected], or book a time to meet on Melih Oztalay’s online calendar.
Past Shows with Melih Oztalay
- Melih Oztalay Explains If You Should Outsource Your Marketing, June 6, 2022
- User Experience And Its Impact On Your Website Sales, February 7, 2022
- Digital Marketing News and Trends from Melih Oztalay, April 26, 2021
- LinkedIn Live Analysis By SmartFinds Marketing, December 7, 2020
- How to Take Advantage of Amazon Prime Day Marketing, August 13, 2020
About SmartFinds Marketing
SmartFinds Marketing is a digital marketing agency. SmartFinds provides full marketing strategies and solutions to businesses. The marketing process is managed by a team of contemporary marketers who manage new ideas and incorporate early adoption of new strategic technologies to achieve successful results. Helping customers understand web marketing and the web advertising world through education and consultation is part of any SmartFinds program.
“Our trusted years of experience in advertising and marketing solutions date back to 1987 and the Internet since 1994. Since the very early days of the industry, we traversed the Internet to gain the knowledge, expertise, and more importantly, the imagination to apply the Internet’s resources to your business needs”, says Melih Oztalay.
Melih Oztalay is an industry leader as a guest author on many websites like Search Engine Journal. Additionally, he is a guest speaker at many conferences and events along with being a subject matter expert called on my radio shows and podcasts.
SmartFinds Marketing….Creative strategies. Innovative ideas. Use the full power of the Internet with us!
Leave A Comment