ANN ARBOR – In part two of this interview with AOL Co-Founder Steve Case, who currently is on his Rise of the Rest roadshow in Ann Arbor, Case talks about hot technologies in Michigan, including what he calls the Internet of Everything, Connected Tech, and Autonomous Vehicles. He’s interviewed by MITechNews.Com Editor and Publisher Mike Brennan.
Later Wednesday, Case will invest $100,000 in one innovative Michigan startup during a pitch competition at the Michigan Theater.
- The Ann Arbor startups will compete to win a $100,000 investment from Case on the spot at the Michigan Theatre in the evening include:
- SkySpecs | Pitching: Danny Ellis, CEO | About: SkySpecs automates predictive maintenance of energy infrastructure with drones.
- SAHI Cosmetics LLC | Pitching: Sheleen (Shelly) Sahi, Founder & CEO | About: Sahi Cosmetics provides custom makeup for women of ethnic skin tones, specifically medium skin tones.
- Pitstop | Pitching: Shiva Bhardwaj, CEO | About: Pitstop predicts vehicle failures before they happen.
- Genomenon, Inc | Pitching: Mike Klein, CEO | About: Genomenon is an interpretation software for diagnosing and treating cancer.
- Inmatech, Inc | Pitching: Les Alexander, CEO | About: Inmatech commercializes novel high-performance supercapacitors for energy storage systems.
- Warmilu | Pitching: Grace Hsia, CEO | About: Warmilu provides non-electric warmth to those who need it most.
- SurClean, Inc | Pitching: Susan Sprentall, Founder, President & CEO | About: SurClean laser surface prep removes paint, replacing old traditional methods.
- Civionics, Inc | Pitching: Gerry Roston, CEO | About: Civionics improves manufacturers’ profitability by reducing downtime.