DETROIT – Detroit has been chosen as one of a handful of cities to host the global pre-accelerator Startup Boost.
The free six-week mentorship program is open for applications now through September 26. Each week startups will participate in pitch practices and meet with mentors and investors in order to prepare for funding.
“The program has already helped more than 70 startups get into top accelerators and raise more than $50 million dollars in funding,” said Monica Wheat, Founder of Parallel Ventures and lead director for the program.
Past startups who participated in last year’s program included Flash Delivery, MySwimPro, Warranty Ninja, and more. Last year’s cohort, then called Startup Next, helped local startups get into top accelerators, raise funds, and receive the #1 app in the apple app store last year. Details on this program are below.
What is Startup Boost Detroit?
– 6-week pre-accelerator program (one-night per week)
– No equity taken
– No cost for startups to apply/join
– Ran by volunteers; funded by sponsors
Why Startup Boost Detroit?
– Startup Boost prepares startups for accelerators and seed investment, by providing high quality mentorship and leveraging a global network of investors, mentors and founders.
What kind of startups are we looking for?
– Has an amazing, highly committed team
– Hasn’t raised large amount of money (no more than 500k)
– Team has a big idea/ operates in a large enough market
Startup Boost Value:
• Accelerator & Investor Referrals—Receiving referrals to a network of accelerators and seed stage investors Startup Next has partnered with.
• Exposure Events—Pitching your startup and making valuable connections at exclusive
Startup Next and partner events.
• Access to a Global Network—Getting plugged into a larger network of world class mentors and partners
The program is designed for startups that are looking to get into an accelerator, raise a seed round and are committed in learning how to execute throughout the entire program for post-program benefits and support offered by the Startup Boost team.
Registration can be done by visiting http://www.startupboost.org.