SOUTHFIELD –Nearly 200 college students from 11 universities will converge on the campus of Lawrence Technological University Saturday for the 10th annual Grand Prix, organized by LTU’s Blue Devil Motorsports racing teams.
The event showcases SAE competition vehicles, including scaled-down Indy race cars, hybrid electric vehicles, off-road vehicles and more – all designed and built by students.
Besides the Blue Devil Motorsports team, racing teams from the following universities have committed to attend:
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids
- Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids
- Hope College, Holland
- Kettering University, Flint
- Oakland University, Rochester
- The University of Illinois-Chicago
- The University of Toledo
- The University of Windsor, Ontario
- Wayne State University, Detroit
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo
More about Blue Devil Motorsports at https://www.ltu.edu/motorsports.
Lawrence Tech won the event last year, held in a heavy rainstorm, recording the fastest time around the course.