TROY – The WID Michigan GRID Mentorship program is designed not only to assist WID members wishing to take advantage of the wisdom and experience of a mentor, but also to offer mentor volunteers an opportunity to pass on a legacy that will influence the next generation of defense community members. Application deadline is Jan. 16.
The GRID Mentorship program provides opportunity for professional growth for participants at any stage in their career by:
- Matching individuals seeking mentorship within the defense industry based on similar areas of interest
- Facilitating transfer of knowledge based on the mentor’s visions, experiences, learning and networking
- Providing career advice and guidance to newcomers in the defense industry
- Expanding professional networks
- Grooming professionals for future career advancements
- Offering access to new information, ideas, and prospective leaders
- Create a culture of sharing and mentoring for the future of the defense industry
The program welcomes both women and men applicants for the roles of mentors and protégés.
Please understand that the program should not be used as a mechanism to exploit the mentor for business opportunities. The GRID program is not intended to solve the protégé’s problems but should assist protégé in gaining their own problem solving skills.
To apply, click on http://www.wid-mi.org/programs/mentoring