DETROIT – The North American International Cyber Summit 2018 hosted by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder on Oct. 29 will bring together experts from across the globe to address a variety of cyber-security issues impacting the world. The theme for 2018 is – Taking the Lead: Collaborating to Solve National Cyber Security Problems – Building partnerships and balancing competition and information sharing for improved security.
The theme highlights this regions innovations and accomplishments to provide thought leadership on cybersecurity collaboration.
The agenda for the event will showcase internationally recognized keynote speakers as well as experts from around the country.
Keynote Speakers and Featured Session Include:
· Governor Rick Snyder
· David L. DeVries, DTMB Director and State of Michigan Chief Information Officer
· Dug Song, VP/GM, Duo Security Business Unit, Cisco
· Ted Talk Session – Information Sharing and Effective Partnership for Cyber Security
· NGA Panel Discussion: Cybersecurity in Practice: Meet the NGA Cyber Policy Academy
Breakout Sessions Include:
o Thwarting a Cyberphysical Attack in the IoT Era
o Cyber Unity: Advancing the Cybersecurity Pipeline Through Educational Ecosystems
o Security at the Speed of Trust
o Locking the IoT Back Door: Strategies for a Safer Smarthome
o How to Gain Ground on Cyber Attacker – State of Cyber Resilience
o Michigan Leadership in Vehicular Cybersecurity Training Initiatives
o Shedding Some Light on the Dark Web
o Assumption-Based Security Sucks
o Marshall Plan for Talent – Join the Revolution
o Automotive – A Security Integration Headache
o Penetration Testing for Patient Care
o Trends and Strategies in Cybersecurity
o A Candid Conversation with a Car Hacker
And many more – over 15 sessions to choose from!
· Governors High School Cyber Challenge Finals
· Cyber Range – Annual International Invitation Cyber Competition
· Demonstrations by Kibbey the Michigan State Police Cyber Dog
Cost is $85 to attend. NOTE: Discount price of $59 for students or members of the following organizations: ISSA, InfraGard, West Michigan Cyber Security Consortium, ISACA, Detroit Chapter of SIM, Mi-GMIS, members of the military, Michigan Healthcare Cybersecurity Council, Michigan Financial Industry Cybersecurity Council, Macomb Automotive Defense Cyber Assurance Team, Detroit Chapter ISC2 and WC4.