LANSING – Gov. Whitmer announced details regarding restaurant and bar reopenings. Effective February 1 – February 21:
• Indoor dining permitted at a 25 percent capacity, up to 100 people
• Bars and restaurants must close by 10 PM
• Tables must be six feet apart with no more than six people per table
• Outdoor tents with four sides are permitted under these same rules
• Personal services requiring mask removal are now permitted
• Non-residential gatherings of up to 10 people from two households are now permitted
Additionally, a voluntary MI COVID-19 Safer Dining program allows food service establishments to become certified by having their ventilation system inspected and submitting their inspection report to the state indicating they are optimizing airflow.
SBAM understands that while this is a step in the right direction, it is not enough. We are working to determine the next steps to increase capacity.