DETROIT – The Mobile Technology Association of Michigan Thursday announced its support of a recently launched Michigan user-group focused on Apple’s Swift programming language for iOS developers. The next meeting takes place on February 18.
Swift is a new programming language for iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS apps that builds on the best of C and Objective-C, without the constraints of C compatibility. It adopts safe programming patterns and adds modern features to make programming easier, more flexible, and more fun.
“We believe it’s very important for the Mobile Technology Association of Michigan to support user groups like MiSwift that encourage Michigan’s connected tech community to continue to expand their skillsets”, says MTAM CEO Linda Daichendt. “Groups like MiSwift are an integral resource for ensuring that Michigan developers continue to be among the most skilled in the country.”
The recently launched Meetup group, MiSwift, accessed at http://dld.bz/fzdk3 is organized by Doug Lance, a software engineer at Arbormoon Software. MiSwift will meet weekly for Swift Codelabs where attendees will collaborate on a variety of projects which may include:
- Server-side Swift MiSwift.com website
- Contributing to the Swift language
- Working through an instructional book or video series
- Other projects of interest to the group
Organizers encourage attendees to bring questions, and to join the group to learn Swift basics or to explore the latest in Swift’s quick-moving evolution. The group’s weekly meetings will be held at the Arbormoon Software offices in Ann Arbor on Saturday’s from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Refreshments will be provided.
MTAM will be promoting the group via its website, social media and other media assets. Additionally, each weekly event will be videotaped by the organizers and an archive of these videos will be hosted on MTAM’s website at https://www.gomobilemichigan.org/miswift.html for easy access by those unable to attend.
MTAM also supports additional connected tech-related Meetup groups including:
- Connected Car Detroit (Meetup.com/Connected-Car/Detroit)
- Connected Car Ann Arbor (http://dld.bz/fze4H)
- Mobile Monday Michigan chapters – Ann Arbor, Detroit, Grand Rapids & Lansing (http://dld.bz/frPdf)
- Industrial Wireless Networking (Meetup.com/Industrial-Wireless-Networking-Meetup)
- Startup Drive: Detroit (Meetup.com/startup-drive-detroit)
- Mobile Technology Assn of Michigan (Meetup.com/GoMobileMichigan)
Information about MTAM can be found at www.GoMobileMichigan.org.