DETROIT – Michigan’s Commercial Cannabis Conference & Expo 2019, the state’s most prominent B2B expo, is returning to Detroit City this Oct 11-12 at the newly renamed TCF Center. Over 200 organizations will be involved, featuring 50 speakers, a new Hemp Room, and a new Showcase to highlight brands and products.
The conference is designed to facilitate connections across business, industry, and government, but also educate citizens. Shifted this year to a Friday and Saturday, the B2B event will open up free to the public on Saturday afternoon, offering 6 seminars and the showcase that will educate and empower.
“We are delighted to offer a community-driven conference with depth, value, and dimension”, says Thomas Tong, the Conference Director. Although the seminars cover leadership, hemp ,and marijuana, there are 3 themes to this 2019 event; 1) social justice & equity, 2) safety and quality, and 3) data & technology.
Of the many activities, a few highlights:
- Enjoy the SUPER SESSION on SPORTS & CANNABIS with legends of Detroit – 4x Stanley Cup Champ Darren McCarty, and former Detroit Lion’s Megatron Calvin Johnson and Rob Sims, now of Primative, an integrated cannabis company
- Come listen to our recent top regulator, Shelly Edgerton of Dymekia moderate a panel on “Quality and Safety” with a host of Michigan cannabis industry leaders
- Build your deep understanding of security by joining 5 leading companies for the SUPER SESSION on SECURITY in CANNABIS
- Learn everything about cooking with cannabis, featuring a legal explanation of consumption laws, along with expert cannabis chefs demonstration leading cooking techniques and approaches
- Join 5 cannabis technology leaders for the SUPER SESSION on DATA and TECHNOLOGY, led by Enlighten, the Diamond Sponsor.
- Visit and explore the new prototype 43 foot CannaBus, the first ever mobile cannabis retail environment with advanced technologies that will amaze and entertain you. Designed in partnership with top firms, it is a glimpse of the near future
Also returning is the annual industry social held the evening of Oct 11th at the Crowne Plaza. The mixer is designed to honor and award the cannabis community and its leaders. Hosted by Trick Trick, participants are expected to “dress up and show up”. Heavy chauffeured hor d’oeuves, open bar, customized beats by KAZI, and over a dozen artists. With 300 leaders invited, the event is packed with influencers and shakers. Four awards are also presented to a leader in each of the following categories, 1)business, 2) industry, 3) government, and 4) all around. To nominate or vote, click here.
For conference tickets, click here
For mixer tickets, click here
About Cannabis-Aid www.cannabis-aid.com
Cannabis-Aid is a Michigan community-driven organization focused on catalyzing and strengthening the cannabis sector. Operating on a cost-recovery model and supported by volunteers, Cannabis-Aid provides an annual Michigan state conference designed to help connect, education, and empower cannabis professionals and interested citizens.