Project Management Certificate Course Offered At The Macomb-OU INCubator
AUBURN HILLS – Mac-OU INC’s current business-development programs bring in thousands of attendees per year. Strengthening the connection with PACE through Project Management has allowed Mac-OU INC to expand assistance to the business community.
Focusing on management concepts broadly applicable across a wide range of professions, the course is designed to answer the needs of companies interested in finding high-level employees capable of managing the complex, global projects in today’s work environment. Team leaders, business planning personnel, functional managers, process and performance improvement team members and those interested in learning the core knowledge tested on the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP) exam are encouraged to enroll.
Officially registered with the Project Management Institute (PMI), this course focuses on the following during 35 contact hours:
- The PMI’s Knowledge Management areas (Project Integration, Scope, Human Resource, Time, Cost, Quality, Risk, Communications, Procurement and Stakeholder Management)
- The PMI’s Process Groups (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Control, and Closing)
- The establishment of a comprehensive baseline project plan
- Use of best practices (practical and theoretical)
- Examination and use of a wide variety of specific project tools
This winter 2016 course will run from Friday, Jan. 15, through Friday, Jan. 29, at the Velocity Center in Sterling Heights, home to Mac-OU INC. The dates and times are as follows:
- Friday, Jan. 15, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 16, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 22, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 23, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 29, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 30, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (alternate date)
The cost for the program is $1,500. Course materials provided during the first class include “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge” and a binder of the course’s slide decks. A one-hour lunch break will be given on full days to allow students to obtain their own meals.
For more information, or to register, visit oakland.edu/pace/project-management.