DETROIT – Want to get your hands on some really cool technology, and experience something still only available to a limited number of people? Then Mobile Monday Detroit on July 11 is where you need to be to see Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality and their integration with wireless and mobile technologies.
Lately both AR and VR have been getting a lot of media attention and promising tremendous growth, with significantly increased capabilities. To help us get a better understanding of both, Mobile Monday Detroit has invited experts from Ontario and throughout Michigan to demonstrate their devices and the software their firms have developed for clients to use on those devices.
In a change from its usual format, this Mobile Monday Detroit event will be unique in that there will not be any formal presentations. Instead, attendees may interact one-on-one with those providing the demonstrations to ask any questions they may have about the technologies.
The event takes place on Monday, July 11 at 6 p.m. at the offices of RIIS, located at 1250 Stephenson Highway, Suite 200 in Troy.
Giving demonstrations will be:
- Ali Al-Aasm, Co-founder, Red Piston Inc. (Ontario)
- Dominic Chiudioni, Product Manager; Vinh Chu, Technology Director; Kristin Hope, Marketing Strategist, PIXO Group (Southfield)
- Sam Harrell, Research Director – Media Labs, NBC Universal (Ann Arbor)
- Salvatore (Sam) Vilardi, VP of Product Development; Justin Kirkegaard, Software Engineer, Immy, Inc. (Grand Rapids)
- David Pollock, Managing Director, Kitestring Visuals (SE Michigan)
Equipment that will be available for attendees to test will be (multiple units of many of these items available):
- Oculus DK2
- Google Cardboard
- Oculus Rift
- HTC Vive
- Microsoft HoloLens
- Samsung Gear VR
- Immy N.E.O. iC60
- Possibly more!
The event is free to attend but advance reservations via Meetup ARE REQUIRED in order to attend; make your reservation at http://meetup.com/Mobile-Monday-Detroit. Refreshments will be served courtesy of our host and sponsor, RIIS. Free parking is available onsite.